Sunday 21 April 2013

8. Eighth Week

8.1 Labels and Swingtags

The final label idea (top right)
We continued to make labels and swingtags between us. Rachel and Eryn were in this week so they worked on ideas for the labels. Bobbi printed her label idea onto iron on paper in order to put it on the garments and over the Easter Holidays Noor sent over a great swingtag idea.
Noor's Swingtag idea to be used in final garment
8.2 Photographing the Garments

We had arranged to take photos of our garments later on in the week but some of the members of the group went to the fashion show that was being held in our student space so it'll have to wait until we go back. We'll need to go in early to get the photographs before we have to hand it all in.

8.3 Finishing off

This week was really all about finishing off the project as well as the time given during the Easter Break. The blog posts are all being saved during our Easter Break so they can be published in order. Bobbi still had to finish her garment with the fine overlocker. Our lecturer was really great in changing the colour over from white to black although over the course of the class she had to change it back and forth at least five times.

We have to present our projects when we go back in individual A4 folders with everything that we have done over the course of the project.

Thoughts for Final Week and Easter Break

Bobbi: I have really enjoyed this project even if I have got panicked over deadlines and stressed that we all won't get it done in time but I have really enjoyed working with the others and I think I have found something I really enjoy doing. The others have been so nice and are a pleasure to work with and I would gladly work with them again. I enjoyed putting together the blog and documenting each stage of the design process with both words and pictures.

Noor: It has been great working with everyone in the group! I feel I have learnt so much which will be very useful for me in the future. I enjoyed designing and creating the collar and have gained useful skills throughout this project.

The Garments
Noor's final garment modeled by our friend Chloe


Bobbi's final garment modeled by our friend Chloe


Rachel's final garment modeled by Rachel herself


No comments:

Post a Comment