Sunday 21 April 2013

4. Fourth Week


4.1 Sampling
The aim for today was for each of us to create two fabric samples before we designed our final collar, last week we had narrowed down what techniques we were planning to use – this stage of the design process turned out to be very effective as we were able to see what techniques worked best.

Noor was off ill this week and so did her samples at home.

Rachel and Eryn began to incorporate cutwork into our samples however, the problem we had was that the fabric began to fray and rip, to prevent this from happening again Rachel fused her fabric which solved the problem.

Nicola also used cutwork into her first sample and then drew a very detailed pattern straight onto her fabric.

Eryn decided not to continue to cut into my sample – Eryn thought drawing onto the fabric was a really effective technique even though it was simple, so Eryn decided to use this as well.

Embellishing beads and pearls was a factor that each of us used in our samples, Bobbi embellished her sample quite heavily and was advised to draw onto her sample as well this created a connection between her sample, Nicolas and Eryns. As a group we laid our samples on the table, we were able to critique each other.
4.2 Thoughts for Fourth Week
Eryn: I think the sampling stage was tackled well by everyone even though some of us didn’t get to finish them this week.

Bobbi:  I enjoyed sampling even though I still have one to do. I think I'll do a crochet sample next.

Noor: Even though I was absent this week I still managed to catch up! I feel everyone did well with this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment